Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life.
Sports are always considered as the best source for getting mental and physical health and to be fresh and healthy in the life and when are talking about the students we should not forget that sports is one of the most significant constituent of an student’s life.The sports teach the students how to behave properly and at the same time the sportsmanship is also being promoted. The student enables himself to strive for hard work and to have the hunger of the win and at the same time will able to cope up with the defeat and how to drive positives out of the loss and giving him or her the proper attitude of dealing with the winning and losing situations, which plays the vital role in the personality development and grooming of the student.
Keeping the same in mind, DME has a sports society which focuses on different sports like cricket, football, basketball and other. We conduct intra college competitions every semester to encourage our students to participate and showcase their talents in sports along with academics. Our long term goal is to take this to inter college level.
DME Staff toil hard on sports field
Report of Staff Sports Meet 2020
– Mohit Kishore Vatsa
Greater Noida (January 4, 2020): The Annual Staff Sports Meet of DME was held on Saturday i.e. January 4, 2020 at Delhi World Public School (DWPS), Greater Noida. The meet formally commenced with unfurling of the tricolour by DG Justice Bhanwar Singh followed by singing of national anthem. Any sports meet is incomplete without proper warm up session. Hence, all the faculty members first participated in a 5kms brisk walk.
The event kick started with the women’s T10 (10 over a side) Cricket match. Two teams of eight players each led by Dr Swati Jain and Dr Susmita Bala, respectively competed in a pulsating match.
Dr Susmita Bala decided to bat first and her team scored 64 runs in the stipulated 10 overs with the help of great knocks from Ms Yashasvika & Ms Krishna. In return, Dr Swati’s team achieved the target in the eighth over itself with the help of some poor fielding and bowling from the defending team.
On the other hand, the men’s T10 Cricket match witnessed an intense battle as the match went to the last ball eventually resulting in Dr Ambrish Saxena’s team trouncing Dr NK Bahl’s team by 17 runs.
Earlier, Dr Bahl won the toss and invited Dr Saxena’s team to bat first. Riding on an unbeaten century partnership between Mr Pradeep and Mr CM Anand, the team set a mammoth target of 147 runs in the stipulated 10overs. Although, Mr Karan and Dr Bhavish played brilliant innings but could not take their team over the finishing line. Eventually, the difference between both the sides was the all-round performance of Mr Pradeep who remained unbeaten throughout the match after scoring a fifty and also took couple of crucial wickets for his team. The match came to a grinding halt when Mr Pramod fell on his right shoulder fielding on his own bowling. But, thankfully he was taken care of by all the faculty members. Other than the batting and bowling performances, it was Mr Mohit Kishore Vatsa’s and Mr Mukesh kalwani’s witty cricket commentary which added more spice to the game.
Simultaneously, the Badminton Doubles (Men) category witnessed an intense battle between Dr Bhavish & Mr Karan and Mr Surya Saxena & Mr Mukesh Kalwani’s team. Eventually, it was Dr Bhavish’s team which emerged victorious. In the women’s category, Dr Shuchi Goel defeated Dr Swati Jain.
Mr Mukesh Kalwani emerged victorious in the men’s Table Tennis tournament. Mr Gunjan Agarhari and Ms Aakasha won men’s and women’s chess competition, respectively.
Mr Pardeep and Ms Parul Grover won the 100m sprint (men and women) category, respectively. In the last event of the evening, Dr Swati’s team won the Kho Kho match.
Apart from packed lunch, the faculty members were also served hot jalebis and gajar ka halwa courtesy DG sir.
The Event concluded with Prize distribution ceremony and few words of inspiration and motivation from Mr Vipin Sahni, Chairman, Ms Kiran Sahni, Chairperson and DG sir. Apart from this,
Ms Jyoti Arora, Principal, DWPS also apprised the faculty members about the initiatives which the school has taken such as self-defence classes for girls and football academy to name a few.
Ms Raveena Sarao on behalf of the Sports Society proposed the vote of thanks and expressed gratitude towards all who had contributed in making the event a grand success. A customary group photograph eventually marked the culmination of the event.
Elaborate result of Staff Sports Meet
|S.no||Name of the Winner||Category|
|1||Dr Ambrish Saxena & Team
Dr Swati Jain & Team
|2||Dr Bhavish Gupta & Mr. Karan Sharma
Dr Shuchi Goel (Winner)
Dr Swati Jain (Runner-Up)
|Badminton Doubles (Men)
|3||Mr Mukesh Kalwani||Table Tennis (Men)|
Mr Gunjan Agrahari
|5||Dr Swati Jain & Team||Kho Kho (Mixed- Men/Women)|
|6||Mr Pradeep (Winner)
Mr Swaraj Manchanda (Runner-Up)
Ms Parul Grover (Winner)
Ms Yashasvika Yadav (Runner-Up)
|100m Sprint (Men)
100m Sprint (Women)
Aabhas wins Gold Medal, Ish bags Bronze as DME Shines at University Sports meet
Aabhas Singh of DME Media School won a Gold medal in bodybuilding championship at 16th Inter Collegiate Annual Sports Meet-2019 of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, held at the main campus in Dwarkaon October 11, 2019.
The championship witnessed huge participation of students from different colleges of the varsity.
Aabhas, a final year student participated in 65-70kg weight category with his alluring posing skills and well-defined physique, emerged as champion in his category.
Aabhas was preparing for the competition for the past three months. Having emerged victorious he said, “Bodybuilding is one such sport, which requires firm determination mentally and extreme labour physically”.
“I regularly do rigorous workout and take healthy nourishment. It is very difficult to control cravings for junk food and sweet dishes but while preparing for a competition, one has to put aside all the desires and focus on the goal”, he added.
Another student, Ish Gupta from DME Law School bagged a Bronze medal in the discus throw in the University Sports and brought laurel to his alma mater.
It was second consecutive bronze medal for Ish in discus throw event at the University Sports meet. He had won the first Bronze medal in 2018.
“It feels great to win medals for your college at this level. I am on cloud nine after winning this second medal for my college, “said an elated Ish.
In badminton women’s double category, Chanchal Dhariwal and Pranati Pal displayed a splendid performance and played till the quarter-finals where they lost to the opponent team by 11-15. In badminton men’s double category Sahil Gola and Vasu represented Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME) at the Sports meet.
Volleyball men’s team led by Siddharth Kukreja and women’s team in the same sports led by Anugya Nagar, despite not doing wonders, played exceptionally well during the mega sports meet.
Students of DME also participated in other sporting events like Athletics and Kabbadi and performed brilliantly. The event turned out to be a great learning experience for the students and inculcated sportsmanship and leadership qualities in them.
Report by- Mohd Kamil
Trials by DME Sports Committee, Strength and Skills of students tested The trials for various sports like Football, Cricket, Yoga, Volley ball, Kabaddi, Athletics and Tug of War took place on the September 04, 2019 at Noida Stadium and September 06, 2019 at Mayoor School Sports Ground, respectively. The trials were conducted in light of choosing the best talent amongst students of all three Schools at DME. The students’ participation was enthusiastically motivating and witnessed a fair selection through tough competition amongst each other. The trials were conducted with the objective of encouraging students’ participation in all sports at the annual University Sports Tournament at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The trials were conducted in a free and fair manner under the due guidance of the Sports committee members– Mr.Mohd. Kamil, Mr.Mohit Kishore Vatsa and Ms.Raveena. It was an enthralling experience for all students to compete on the basis of skill, strength and passion.
DME joins the world in Yoga Practice on June 21
On the occasion of V International Day for Yoga (IDY), Sports Committee of Delhi Metropolitan Education organised a yoga session for the faculty and staff members on June 21, 2019. It was celebrated with great enthusiasm.
Dr. Sandeep Singhal, a naturopathic doctor and yoga expert, instructed the participants in the yoga session. He demonstrated various Asanas like Sashtang, Kapal Bharti and Alom Vilom. Warm up exercises were taken and all the faculty members performed sitting and standing Asanas. Importance of these Asanas was explained simultaneously by the expert.
Dr. Sandeep informed that common yoga protocol was followed during the event. “Regular practice of yoga can surely help people achieve a better physically, mentally and spiritually life,” he added.
The event was inaugurated in the presence of Prof (Dr.) Ambrish Saxena, Dean DME Media School and Prof (Dr.) Susmita Bala, Head DME Media School.
The celebration concluded with recitation of a prayer by Dr. Sandeep. He encouraged all to practice regular yoga to remain fit and improve concentration.
Report by: Mohd Kamil
- College Annual trials for team formations in different categories was organized on Sep 08, 2018
- Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2018 at GGSIP University was held in Oct and Nov, 2018
- Students of Delhi Metropolitan Education showed some splendid performance and bagged two bronze medals at Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2018 at GGSIP University. Bringing laurels to their alma mater, Ish Gupta from DME, Law School secured Third position in discuss throw and Vyom Sahai from DME, Media School secured Third position in Power lifting. Ish Gupta also secured fourth position in Shot Put event and missed the bronze medal with a narrow margin of 14 cm.The meet was held between 11th and 13th October 2018, at the main university campus.
- Cricket team reached Quarter-Finals
- DME finishes at 3rd place in IP Cricket tournament. Wining back to back four matches, DME finished at 3rd position in the Inter Collegiate Cricket Tournament 2018 of GGSIP University. The fantastic all round performance of DMEans surprised all when they defeated three times defending champion, Chandraprabhu Jain College of higher studies by 10 wickets in their quarter final match on Saturday morning. DME booked the opponent on just 60 in 12 over. Rohan, Puru and Shashank took 3 wickets each. Chasing the required 61 runs, openers Atul Chopra (35*) and Puru (21*) finished it in just 9 overs. In the semifinal match DME bowled first and conceded 100 runs in 12 overs. While chasing the target, DME could only manage to get 88 runs. This defeat ended DME’s fantastic journey of the tournament at 3rd place.
- Football, Cricket and Badminton practice sessions were organized at Noida Stadium on regular intervals.
- Faculty Sports Meet 2018
- In a bid to foster unity, understanding and create health awareness among the faculty members of Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME), a one day sports meet was organised on December 01, 2018 at Delhi World Public School, Noida Extension. The Sports Meet was inaugurated by the Director General of DME, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhanwar Singh and Vice Chairman Mr. Aman Sahni by hoisting the tricolor. The event started with a brisk walk of 3 kilometers which witnessed huge participation. Though Sports-Convenor, Mohd Kamil emerged as the winner, the other faculty members too completed the walk within the stipulated time.
- In cricket match, Team-A led by Dr. Ravikant Swami, Director DME outplayed Team-B which was led by Dr. Ambrish Saxena, Dean DME Media School Team-B while batting first with the help of quick knocks of Mohd Kamil (29), Abhishek Yadav (25) and CM Anand (24) posted a sound total of 140 runs in 20 overs. Chasing the target, Mr. Pradeep Bisht from team-A made valuable 78 runs and ensured victory for his team. He was awarded the Man of the match. Women also exhibited great performance and entertained the audience with their cricketing skills. Team-B led by Ms. Navjot Kaur after winning the toss posted a decent score of 68 runs in 10 overs game. Roli Wadhwa (32) and Navjot Kaur (13) were the highest scorers from the side. While chasing the target Team-A led by Tulika Arora could only manage to get 46 runs. Ms. Roli was awarded the Man of the Match.
- In Badminton, the perfect smashes, flicks, hairpin net shots and fine services made Dr. Bhavish Gupta champion in men’s category. The first opponent Aamir Yosuf lost 11-2 to Dr. Gupta. In the final match he outplayed Amit Raj by 15-1. On the other hand Dr. Suchi Goel, overpowered female faculty members in Badminton and emerged as winner in women’s category. In Table Tennis matches, Mr. Sumantra Das Sarthi did not give a single chance to the opponents and secured first position comfortably. He outplayed Mohd Kamil by 11-6 in the final game. Amir Yosuf and Dr. Ambrish Saxena also participated in the TT competition. The event ended with a closing ceremony wherein efforts of DME faculty members were applauded and medals were awarded to the winners by the Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhanwar Singh, Director General, DME and DTC.
- Sports Achievements 2018
- Ish Gupta and Vyom Sahai secured third position in Discuss Throw and Power lifting respectively at 15th Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2018 at GGSIP University. The meet was held between 11th and 13th October 2018, at the main university campus.
- DME cricket team finishes at 3rd place in Inter Collegiate Cricket Tournament 2018 of GGSIP University.
- Football, Cricket and Badminton practice sessions taking place at Noida Stadium.
- College Annual trials for team formations in different categories was organized on August 4 and 5, 2017
- Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2017 at GGSIP University was held in Oct and Nov, 2017
- Two students cleared first and second round of badminton events, in men’ and women’s singles respectively
- Cricket team reached Quarter-Finals
- Cricket team participated in Symbiosis Law School Cricket tournament
- Football, Cricket, TT and Basketball practice sessions were organized at Mayoor Public School, Noida