“Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life.”
DME in strong sync with the National Policy on Education (NPE) 2020 believes in the importance of extra-curricular activities like sports in ensuring that each of its students achieve excellence in the field of their unique choices and talents. Overcoming its limitation of no single ground in campus, DME has ensured that there is no limitation on the choice of sports and activities of its students by booking different fields (indoor & outdoor) at professional sports grounds at Common Wealth Games Village, Noida Stadium, Chilla Stadium and many other grounds on regular basis. This ensures our students to undertake professional experience of field and training. We at DME support and encourage students to participate at different sports tournaments. Our students have proudly represented and achieved fame for DME at the District, State, National and Inter-National levels.
The Sports Society at DME intends to promote a positive environment of healthy competition and achievement. It ensures to offer all the students the opportunities to engage with the activities off and on ground, with the perspective to support and promote their overall development. DME recognises the need of sports in maintain fitness and a healthy life (physiologically and psychologically) by encouraging all students to try out the activities and aim for a better personality and life style.
The society strives to ensure an inclusive environment for the unique identities and choices of sports of all. The society makes a conscious effort to keep itself open to diversity ensuring the representation of students from all social backgrounds from the three schools at DME. The society has aimed to ensure gender balance at both participation and leadership positions, where both girls and boys are seen to be leading the society with their remarkable decision-making skills. The student run society provides the opportunities to students to engage in peer learning and social interactions.
Through the endeavour of Sports, DME ensures to inculcate sportsmanship, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, responsibility, and self-discipline in its students. It provides equal opportunity to all the students to showcase their talent in various sporting competitions thus playing a vital role in the personality development and grooming of the students.
- DME encourages students to achieve excellence in any sports of their interest and expertise.
- DME encourage student to participate in practice sessions organized by the society to work on their skills.
- DME provides an atmosphere for the physical, social and psychological development of the students.
- DME ensures support in ensuring safety of the students engaged in sports, by careful supervision of experts and medical facilities.
- DME promotes the learning of life skills like sportsmanship, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, responsibility, and self-discipline.
- DME encourages them to showcase their talent at various tournaments at District, State, National and Inter-National levels.
- DME provides equal opportunity and representation for all students from all social backgrounds to participate in sports ensuring an inclusive environment.
Overcoming its limitation of no single ground in campus, DME has ensured that there is no limitation on the choice of sports and activities of its students by booking different fields (indoor & outdoor) at professional sports grounds at Common Wealth Games Village, Noida Stadium, Chilla Stadium and many other grounds on regular basis.
Outdoor Games –
- Athletics (Javelin Throw, Shotput, Discus Throw, Track field)
- Tug of War
Indoor Games –
- Table Tennis
- Weight Lifting
- Power Lifting
- E- Sports
DME organised the Inter-College Sports meet – Samagrah 2023 on 23rd and 24th March at Common Wealth Games Village (CWG) Akshardham and Noida stadium. The sports meet became a grand event with the participation of around 1000 students from 60 plus colleges of FHWS, Schweinfurt Germany, University of Delhi, GGSIPU, Amity, Symbiosis, and others. The event had the gracious presence of Shri Ashok Dhyanchand, Arjuna Awardee and former Indian hockey player, DME who encouraged the participants with his undefeated journey in sports.