DME Cine Treasures (DME Film Appreciation Society)
Name of the Society – DME Cine Treasures (DME Film Appreciation Society)
The society will aim to showcase the classic cinema both national and international. The show will begin with the brief introduction of the day’s selected show for clarity of our audience. DME Cine Treasures also aims to provide a platform for the promotion and discussion about those classics which may sometimes missed by the audience. Here, we also aims to make discussions informative and worth sharing.
- To promote good cinema includes classic, short films and documentaries.
- To support and protect the character, status and interests of the film industry and/or or all persons engaged therein.
- To appreciate Indian and International cinema
- To hold discussions about cinema through various activities
- To showcase love and respect to cine stars who have become the integral part of our lives
Mail at email@example.com
On March 15, 2021, DME Cine Treasures conducted an orientation session for first year students of all streams at Delhi Metropolitan Education. The session was conducted through zoom platform and 25 students have attended the session. The students are from all streams that have joined DME in 2020 academic session. Ms. Shriya Singh, student convener of Cine Treasures welcomed the new comers to the first orientation session. She explained the working structure of the society and briefed about the events that were held post pandemic to bring about greater zeal and enthusiasm among students.
DME movie buffs get quizzical
On September 26, 2020, DME Cine Treasures—The film appreciation society of DME organised an Inter-departmental quiz competition based on Indian Cinema. The quiz was titled as ‘Cine Buzz’. Total 66 students from all schools of DME have registered for the event. Cine Buzz was divided into four rounds ‘Guess the movie by scene’, ‘Guess the song from English translation, ‘Guess the movie by the emojis’ and ‘Rapid Fire round’. Total 14 students participated in the event and 43 students have attended the quiz. The event was held on zoom platform through online mode. Khushi Nagpal from DME Media School attained the 1st position whereas Akshita Bharadwaj from DME Media School acquired second position and Neeraj from DME Management School was selected and played well till the final round. The student conveners of Cine Treasures are Ms. Yukta Prakash and Ms. Priyanka Naithani. The student Coordinators are Mr. Ayush Goyal and Ms. Shriya. The film appreciation society is managed by Ms. Manmeet Kaur, Assistant Professor DME Media School as Convenor and Ms. Shanu Jain, Assistant Professor from DME Management School as Co-Convenor.
List of Events 2017
- 14th September – Screening Of KATI PATANG
- 6th October – Documentary Of K.ASIF And AKIRA KURUSAWA
- 9th October – JASON BOURNE SERIES Part-1
- 10th October – JASON BOURNE SERIES Part-2
- 16th October – JASON BOURNE SERIES Part-3
- 27th October – Screening Of JAANE BHI DO YAARO