DME believes in providing equal resources, equal privileges, and equal opportunities for all. Teachers make a conscious effort while creating mixed groups for projects. The lecture rooms have mixed-up seating without any preference. Students are addressed in Gender-neutral or gender-inclusive pronouns. Mindful avoidance of Gender-Stereotyping while giving examples in the class.
Women Empowerment Cell conducts Awareness campaigns on women’s equity and gender sensitivity through street plays & guest sessions. Celebration of Women’s Day is a common feature. Panel Discussions of Eminent Women Leaders are done. ICC conducts POSH workshops and has placed two She-Boxes, along with the facility to write a direct email.
Strong Security Measures with two female guards on campus and CCTV surveillance are used for ensuring safety on campus. Well-furnished and separate Girls’ and Boys’ common room monitored by the proctorial board. Female faculty and staff accompany students during educational visits.
A women empowerment cell is an initiative taken DME to promote and support the empowerment of women. The main aim of a women empowerment cell is to create awareness and provide a platform for women to express their views and concerns, and to encourage their participation in various activities and decision-making processes. The functions of a women empowerment cell may vary, but typically it may include:
- Conducting awareness programs and workshops on women's rights, gender sensitivity, and related issues.
- Providing counseling and support services to women who face discrimination, harassment, or any other issues.
- Undertaking research and documentation on issues related to women's empowerment.
- Conducting campaigns and outreach programs to promote gender equality and women's rights.
- Providing various facilities for security, safety, and empowerment.
- Overall, the women empowerment cell plays an important role in creating a gender-equal and inclusive society by empowering and supporting women to reach their full potential
Dr. Manasvi Maheshwari
Prof. (Dr.) Poorva Ranjan
Dr. Navya Jain
Ms Surbhi Arora
Ms Paridhi Chaudhary
Ms Rimsi Sood
Mr Pawan Saxena