Envirothon 2019 is a competitive event which will provide belvedere to school students to showcase their talent. The event will comprise of two competitions meant for Class XI and XII students. There will be a Debate Competition and a Business Plan Competition. As a token of appreciation to the efforts of these budding pillars of the society, cash prizes worth Rs 50,000 will be awarded to these brilliant brains.
Date of Event : 19 November 2019, Tuesday
Venue : Nelson Mandela Auditorium, DME, Noida
Timings :9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Business Plan Competition: A business plan is a written description of your business’s future, a document that tells what you plan to do and how you plan to do it. If you jot down a paragraph on the back of an envelope describing your business strategy, you’ve written a plan, or at least the germ of one. Business plans are inherently strategic in nature.Society today needs business propositions which focus on sustainable development.
Theme: Sustainable Business
Debating Competition: A debating competition provides participants to express their opinion on a particular topic speaking For or Against the motion covering the major features, advantages and disadvantages of that topic and remedial measures to the situation.
Theme: Climate change is a bigger threat than nuclear war for life.
जलवायु परिवर्तन जीवन के लिए परमाणु युद्ध से भी बड़ा खतरा है।
Accolades: Cash prizes worth Rs 50,000 will be given away.
1st Prize – Rs 2,000,
2nd Prize – 1500,
3rd Prize- Rs 1,000 .
Same prize money for each team member in Business Plan Competition. 12 individual prizes for debate competition (1st , 2nd 3rd in English and Hindi debate separately and in For and Against the motion).
DME Megathon 2019, is a workshop based event, under which students of Class XI and XII will be coming to the DME campus and be a part of various social and environment related activities. This will be a certificate programme. There can be any three of the following activities as per availability of resource person and dates given by schools.
- Interaction with environmental activists
- Documentary viewing and panel discussion
- Discussion with media personalities working for environmental consciousness.
- Lecture on Legal aspects of environmental issue.
Date of the event will be as given by the school. The timings of the visit to DME will be from 10 am to 1 pm.
Cyberthon – 2019
Technology is a boon and a bane simultaneously. While it has converted the world into a global village, careful usage is advantageous while unaware usage is leading to severe impacts and the worst hit are the children who are exposed to it without proper knowledge.
Cyber bullying is the harassment or bullying executed through digital devices like computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets. The platforms where cyber bullying can occur include social media, chat rooms, and gaming platforms where people can view and participate in the sharing of content.The different types of cyber bullying involve causing humiliation through hateful comments on online platforms/apps, or through SMS or messaging. It comprises posting, sending or sharing negative, nasty or false information about another individual for causing humiliation and character assassination.This calls for an immediate action to make this generation aware of it and how to handle it . Cyber security refers to the body of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorized access.
DME Cyberthon – 2019 is an awareness drive which will educate the students from class VIII to XII about cyber security, cyber bullying and the ways to handle it. This will be conducted at the school premises where a team from DME will visit and guide the students about this alarming issue.
Date and time of the event will be as given by the school.
Rules and Regulations (Envirothon 2019)
Rules and Regulations (General)
- There is no registration fee for the event.
- 1 teacher must accompany the teams to the venue. Also, 5 students (optional) can come with the teams to cheer them up.
- Last date for registration of entries is November 15, 2019 (Friday). No on-the-spot entries will be entertained.
- Participants should be from classes XI and XII only.
- Judgement will be based on Content, Delivery and Language. The decision of the judging panel shall be final and binding.
- Speakers are not allowed to pronounce their name or their school’s name during the competition. Doing so they will be disqualified.
- For Business Plan competition, Judges will be asking questions from each team, while there will be no interjection or question round in debates.
- The sequence for teams will be the sequence of registration on the day of the event.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
Rules and Regulations (Business Plan Competition):
- Each school is allowed to send maximum 01 team
- The team should comprise of 3 to 5 members
- Each team will be give 4 mins for their presentation and 1 min of questioning
- Ideas submitted must represent the original work of the team members.
Rules and Regulations (Debating Competition):
- Debate will be in English and Hindi language.
- Each school will be allowed to send upto 2 teams (1 for English debate and 1 for Hindi debate)
- Each team should, preferably, comprise of 2 members (1 speaking FOR the motion and 1 speaking AGAINST the motion )
- Maximum time allowed to each participant is 4 mins. There will be a buzzer sound after 3 mins and 4 mins. There is negative marking for exceeding the time limit.
- Reading from any kind of notes or paper will not be allowed and will account for disqualification.