DME Dance Society
Name of the college society: फितूर(Fitoor)
Existing number of participants: 22 Nature of the society:
- Promoting and enhancing dance culture in the college through various dance forms.
- Dancing with the feet is one thing but dancing with the heart is another and at the DME Dance Society, we believe in doing just that. We believe in engaging the dancer not only in technique based training but also finer nuances like expressing and breathing from the soul and inspiring them through the medium of dance.
- Dance is a way to communicate to a soul of a person, a way by letting out human emotions and expressions in the form of a dance engaging storytelling to resonate your idea with the audience and receive a higher and better perspective of the same idea.
- To promote discipline, management, unity and responsibility among students so that they can use their creativity through various dance forms to enhance their dancing skills.
- A member will only be allowed to join one (1) society only.
- Before auditions, we will be distributing application forms.
- Selection will be based on the performance which includes facial expressions, energy, on beat steps and creativity.
- Selective members will be required to submit a nominal fee i.e Rs 100.
- We strive to attain excellence in performances conducted both inside and outside of college through intensive training which is not only grueling but also extremely rewarding in making us one of the most active and appreciated societies at DME.
- The society provides a perfect platform for their members to show their talent and interact with people having similar interests. But do keep in mind that the amount of hard work and time you’ll have to put in would be immense.
This society is all about those who love to dance. This society gives you an opportunity to perform and compete in various dance events and competitions while representing the college for the same. Students have to clear an audition round before they become a member of the college Dance Society.
REPORT ON INTRA DANCE COMPETITION
On 26th October, in Nelson Mandela auditorium the Intra dance competition ” EXPRESSIONS” was organized by Fitoor- DME dance society. Before embarking the dance competition, lightning of lamp was done by our director Dr. Ravikant Swami, judges, the convener Ms. Navjot Suri and Co-conveners of the society. After that, Ravikant sir addressed the gathering and showered all his blessings to all the participants. Then the competition began with the performance of the newly added members of the dance society and they showed their amazing moves and entertained the audience. After this, bhangra society was also invited to show their bhangra moves and all the audience were amazed by their performance. After this, the competition started and nearly 34 solo performers performed and they all were amazing.
This competition was judged by Prof. Chandrani Ganguly, MS. Sanchita Chakraborty, and MS. Karishma.
After this dance competition, winners were announced and they were awarded.
- Ananya Rawat- Awarded with a medal, Certificate and a cash prize of rupees 1000
- Prateek Grover- Awarded with a medal, Certificate and a gift hamper
- Gayatri Awasthi- Awarded with a medal, Certificate, and a Gift Hamper.
List of some Events held in the year 2017
|S.no||Programme name||Held on||Description|
|1||EXPRESSIONS||31st August, 2017||It was an unpremeditated event to showcase the talent of new and existing members of the college Dance Society ‘FITOOR ‘. The event was followed by beautiful performances given by the members of the dance society which included; a Group performance and many solo performances of all the new comers.|
|2||SPIC MACAY||5th September, 2017||The Chief Guest for the event was the danseuse Ms. Shovana Narayan , a name synonymous with Kathak. During the event she gave a heavenly kathak performance which left the audience awestruck.|
|3||DANCE WORKSHOP||25th September, 2017||A Dance Workshop was conducted by ‘Rachit Baranwal’ for the members of the college dance society. He has been trained under the guidance of a renowned Bollywood Choreographer ‘Remo D’Souza’ . He gave a 1 hour session to the students which were a good experience for them.|
|4||EXPRESSIONS – AN INTRA-COLLEGE DANCE COMPETITION||2nd November, 2017||The Fitoor Dance Society organised an intra-college dance competition. The competition was divided into 2 broad categories: solo dance and duet dance competition. The winners were awarded with cash prizes, certificates and medals in both the categories.|
|5||VARCHASVA||31st October, 2017||Participated in an inter- college Dance Competition organised by Tecnia Institute Of Advanced Studies. The members of the society took part in 2 categories; solo dance competition ( 5 entries) and in group dance competition .|