Sensitization of students and employees of the Institution to the constitutional obligations: values, rights, duties, and responsibilities of citizens
Right to Equality: Equal Opportunity Cell ensure that the diversity at the campus gets equal representation. The Equal Opportunity Committee aims at facilitating a positive institutional environment that upholds Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion for all members of DME. The Committee works towards its commitment to creating avenues for all students to fulfill their potential and create awareness among the members of the institution to the needs of students with special needs and under-represented sections of society. The committee is convened in a timely manner for addressing minority concerns and making recommendations for the integration and empowerment of members. The committee actively engages with the institutional/departmental bodies and cells/societies/committees for advocating the emphasis on pluralism and social justice in the institute. The core task of the committee is to provide a voice and platform to the under-represented members of the society, including students and staff members.
- SC and ST
- Gender Based Minorities
- Religion Based Minorities
- Region Based Minorities
- Queer Communities
Right to Freedom: Student Council regularly conducts activities to disc issues related to the Right to Freedom and the current scenario in India. In this context Guest session on International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. Press Freedom Day is also celebrated. Celebration of Independence Day, Republic Day, and Indian Constitution Day is a regular feature at DME Campus.
Right Against Exploitation: In this context Guest session on World Day Against Child Labour has been conducted.
Right to Freedom of Religion: DME respects all religions and festivals of all religions are celebrated at DME with enthusiasm and cultural festivities.
Click for more: https://dme.ac.in/festival
Cultural and Educational Rights: Cultural Cell promotes dance performances from all regions and languages of our country, thereby promoting the native dressing and fold songs. This sensitizes DME students towards Countrywide Socio-cultural, Regional, Communal, and Religion Diversity and embraces it with pride for an inclusive campus. This creates an environment of Mutual Respect, Harmony, and Collaborative efforts at the Campus. Equal Education Opportunities, Equal Study & Campus Resources are available for all students and faculty members.
Click for more: https://dme.ac.in/equity/
Right to Constitutional Remedies: Legal aid implies giving free legal services to the poor and needy who cannot afford the services of a lawyer for the conduct of a case or a legal proceeding in any court, tribunal, or before any authority and to effectuate this DME has created a Legal Aid Cell. The purpose of this cell is to provide justice irrespective of social or economic incapacity. The 39A of the Constitution of India provides for equal justice and free legal aid:
Click for More: https://law.dme.ac.in/legal-aid/
The legal aid cell at DME conducts the number of activities such as:
- Spread legal awareness
- Expand consumer awareness
- Discuss cyber awareness
- Promulgate legal knowledge
- Set-Up Legal Aid Camps
- Provide Legal Advice free of cost
Right to Privacy: DME has a Mental Well-being Cell called Meraki, that provides free-of-cost professional mental health counseling to its students, teachers, and staff. Students need a safe zone and privacy to discuss sensitive issues. Meraki – The Mental Health Cell provides Privacy and confidentiality to students so that they meet the counselor without social stigma and hesitation.
Click for More:
- DME Students always celebrate all of Independence Day and Republic Day
- Constitution Day is Celebrated every year
- NSS Cell works actively throughout the year with student volunteers
- Cultural Cell and Equal Opportunity Cell promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic, and regional or sectional diversities
- ICC and Women Empowerment Committee tirelessly conduct workshops and events to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women.
- NSS conducts Landmark Quiz and Heritage Day Events for students to value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture.
- Eco Club – Tattva works to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wildlife, and to have compassion for living creatures.
- Research Cell aims to develop the scientific temper, humanism, and the spirit of inquiry and reform in students and employees.
- NSS conducts Road Safety Day and Prevention of Violence against Women workshops to safeguard public property and to abjure violence.