Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life.
Sports are always considered as the best source for getting mental and physical health and to be fresh and healthy in the life and when are talking about the students we should not forget that sports is one of the most significant constituent of an student’s life.The sports teach the students how to behave properly and at the same time the sportsmanship is also being promoted. The student enables himself to strive for hard work and to have the hunger of the win and at the same time will able to cope up with the defeat and how to drive positives out of the loss and giving him or her the proper attitude of dealing with the winning and losing situations, which plays the vital role in the personality development and grooming of the student.
Keeping the same in mind, DME has a sports society which focuses on different sports like cricket, football, basketball and other. We conduct intra college competitions every semester to encourage our students to participate and showcase their talents in sports along with academics. Our long term goal is to take this to inter college level.
- College Annual trials for team formations in different categories was organized on Sep 08, 2018
- Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2018 at GGSIP University was held in Oct and Nov, 2018
- Students of Delhi Metropolitan Education showed some splendid performance and bagged two bronze medals at Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2018 at GGSIP University. Bringing laurels to their alma mater, Ish Gupta from DME, Law School secured Third position in discuss throw and Vyom Sahai from DME, Media School secured Third position in Power lifting. Ish Gupta also secured fourth position in Shot Put event and missed the bronze medal with a narrow margin of 14 cm.The meet was held between 11th and 13th October 2018, at the main university campus.
- Cricket team reached Quarter-Finals
- DME finishes at 3rd place in IP Cricket tournament. Wining back to back four matches, DME finished at 3rd position in the Inter Collegiate Cricket Tournament 2018 of GGSIP University. The fantastic all round performance of DMEans surprised all when they defeated three times defending champion, Chandraprabhu Jain College of higher studies by 10 wickets in their quarter final match on Saturday morning. DME booked the opponent on just 60 in 12 over. Rohan, Puru and Shashank took 3 wickets each. Chasing the required 61 runs, openers Atul Chopra (35*) and Puru (21*) finished it in just 9 overs. In the semifinal match DME bowled first and conceded 100 runs in 12 overs. While chasing the target, DME could only manage to get 88 runs. This defeat ended DME’s fantastic journey of the tournament at 3rd place.
- Football, Cricket and Badminton practice sessions were organized at Noida Stadium on regular intervals.
- Faculty Sports Meet 2018
- In a bid to foster unity, understanding and create health awareness among the faculty members of Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME), a one day sports meet was organised on December 01, 2018 at Delhi World Public School, Noida Extension. The Sports Meet was inaugurated by the Director General of DME, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhanwar Singh and Vice Chairman Mr. Aman Sahni by hoisting the tricolor. The event started with a brisk walk of 3 kilometers which witnessed huge participation. Though Sports-Convenor, Mohd Kamil emerged as the winner, the other faculty members too completed the walk within the stipulated time.
- In cricket match, Team-A led by Dr. Ravikant Swami, Director DME outplayed Team-B which was led by Dr. Ambrish Saxena, Dean DME Media School Team-B while batting first with the help of quick knocks of Mohd Kamil (29), Abhishek Yadav (25) and CM Anand (24) posted a sound total of 140 runs in 20 overs. Chasing the target, Mr. Pradeep Bisht from team-A made valuable 78 runs and ensured victory for his team. He was awarded the Man of the match. Women also exhibited great performance and entertained the audience with their cricketing skills. Team-B led by Ms. Navjot Kaur after winning the toss posted a decent score of 68 runs in 10 overs game. Roli Wadhwa (32) and Navjot Kaur (13) were the highest scorers from the side. While chasing the target Team-A led by Tulika Arora could only manage to get 46 runs. Ms. Roli was awarded the Man of the Match.
- In Badminton, the perfect smashes, flicks, hairpin net shots and fine services made Dr. Bhavish Gupta champion in men’s category. The first opponent Aamir Yosuf lost 11-2 to Dr. Gupta. In the final match he outplayed Amit Raj by 15-1. On the other hand Dr. Suchi Goel, overpowered female faculty members in Badminton and emerged as winner in women’s category. In Table Tennis matches, Mr. Sumantra Das Sarthi did not give a single chance to the opponents and secured first position comfortably. He outplayed Mohd Kamil by 11-6 in the final game. Amir Yosuf and Dr. Ambrish Saxena also participated in the TT competition. The event ended with a closing ceremony wherein efforts of DME faculty members were applauded and medals were awarded to the winners by the Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhanwar Singh, Director General, DME and DTC.
- Sports Achievements 2018
- Ish Gupta and Vyom Sahai secured third position in Discuss Throw and Power lifting respectively at 15th Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2018 at GGSIP University. The meet was held between 11th and 13th October 2018, at the main university campus.
- DME cricket team finishes at 3rd place in Inter Collegiate Cricket Tournament 2018 of GGSIP University.
- Football, Cricket and Badminton practice sessions taking place at Noida Stadium.
- College Annual trials for team formations in different categories was organized on August 4 and 5, 2017
- Inter-Collegiate Annual Sports Meet 2017 at GGSIP University was held in Oct and Nov, 2017
- Two students cleared first and second round of badminton events, in men’ and women’s singles respectively
- Cricket team reached Quarter-Finals
- Cricket team participated in Symbiosis Law School Cricket tournament
- Football, Cricket, TT and Basketball practice sessions were organized at Mayoor Public School, Noida