- To develop and hone literary skills of students.
- To give a platform to talented students to showcase their skills.
- To instill confidence among students in the use of English and Hindi writing and public speaking as an effective tool for conveying one’s ideas.
- To enable holistic development and enhancement of students’ personality.
- To stimulate intellectual and analytical skills among students.
- To enable change in societal mindsets on various issues through mature writings and discussions.
Activities that would come under the purview of the society:
- Creative Writing Competitions/Essay writing competitions
- Poetry Recitation
- Poetry Slam/Performance Poetry
- Book discussions, Book readings, etc
- Literary publication (creative works)
- Food reviews, Movie reviews, Book reviews, Travel reviews on Society Blog
- Shaayari writing/Shaayari recitation
- Heritage/Other walks that inspire students to write and share experiences on a theme/place
- Open Mic Forums-Poetry, Shaayari, Book excerpts, Story-telling
- Writing Workshops
List of events held in 2017:
- Intra-college Writing Competition: The society held its first annual intra-college writing competition “Ink Stained Pages” on 12thSeptember’17. The competition was aimed at encouraging creativity, writing skills and analytical skills among the participants. Passionate poets and enthusiastic fiction writers participated in the “Poetry” and “Fiction” categories respectively. There were 3 rounds in each category and specific theme/word/instructions were provided as guidelines for each round. In order to challenge the students and nurture the best writers and poets, interesting rounds such as “Six word stories” and Micro-poetry (3-10 words) were also introduced.
- Creative Writing Workshop: The society organized a workshop on Creative Writing on the 6th of November, 2017. The guest, Bendangrenla S. Longkumer is pursuing her PhD in English Literature from Jawaharlal Nehru University. The workshop was an enlightening discussion on the tips and tricks to employ in order to enhance one’s creative self. The students even came up with some queries and demonstrated their interest to improve their creative prowess. The students were asked to analyze some short paragraphs and write down their immediate thought on it. The workshop came to a close with the prize and certificate distribution for the event of the “Ink Stained Pages”
List of upcoming events in 2018:
- Poetry/Writing Workshop
- In-house Writing Workshop
- Book Discussion
- Poetry Recitation
- Annual Intra-College Writing Competition “Ink Stained Pages”