DME Dance Society
Name of the college society: फितूर(Fitoor)
Existing number of participants: 22 Nature of the society:
- Promoting and enhancing dance culture in the college through various dance forms.
- Dancing with the feet is one thing but dancing with the heart is another and at the DME Dance Society, we believe in doing just that. We believe in engaging the dancer not only in technique based training but also finer nuances like expressing and breathing from the soul, and inspiring them through the medium of dance.
- Dance is a way to communicate to a soul of a person , a way by letting out human emotions and expressionsin the form of a dance engaging storytelling to resonate your idea with the audience and receive a higher and better perspective of the same idea.
- To promote discipline, management, unity and responsibility among students so that they can use their creativity through various dance forms to enhance their dancing skills.
- A member will only be allowed to join one (1) society only.
- Before auditions we will be distributing application forms.
- Selection will be based on the performance which includes facial expressions, energy, on beat steps and creativity.
- Selective members will be required to submit a nominal fee i.e Rs 100.
- We strive to attain excellence in performances conducted both inside and outside of college through intensive training which is not only gruelling but also extremely rewarding making us one of the most active and appreciated societies at DME.
- The society provides a perfect platform to their members to show their talent and interact with people having similar interests. But do keep in mind that the amount of hard work and time you’ll have to put in would be immense.
This society is all about those who love to dance. This society gives you an opportunity to perform and compete in various dance events and competitions while representing the college for the same. Students have to clear an audition round before they become a member of the college Dance Society.
List of some Events held in year 2017
|S.no||Programme name||Held on||Description|
|1||EXPRESSIONS||31st August, 2017||It was an unpremeditated event to showcase the talent of new and existing members of the college Dance Society ‘FITOOR ‘. The event was followed by beautiful performances given by the members of the dance society which included; a Group performance and many solo performances of all the new comers.|
|2||SPIC MACAY||5th September, 2017||The Chief Guest for the event was the danseuse Ms. Shovana Narayan , a name synonymous with Kathak. During the event she gave a heavenly kathak performance which left the audience awestruck.|
|3||DANCE WORKSHOP||25th September, 2017||A Dance Workshop was conducted by ‘Rachit Baranwal’ for the members of the college dance society. He has been trained under the guidance of a renowned Bollywood Choreographer ‘Remo D’Souza’ . He gave a 1 hour session to the students which were a good experience for them.|
|4||EXPRESSIONS – AN INTRA-COLLEGE DANCE COMPETITION||2nd November, 2017||The Fitoor Dance Society organised an intra-college dance competition. The competition was divided into 2 broad categories: solo dance and duet dance competition. The winners were awarded with cash prizes, certificates and medals in both the categories.|
|5||VARCHASVA||31st October, 2017||Participated in an inter- college Dance Competition organised by Tecnia Institute Of Advanced Studies. The members of the society took part in 2 categories; solo dance competition ( 5 entries) and in group dance competition .|